Wow, what a super session last night at Woodend – it looked like everyone was working very hard and taking it to those hills – well done. Please do keep it up! I hope you felt tired afterwards. There is quite a bit of hillwork/strength work coming up on your schedules and this will pay off in 7 weeks time at the end of your IRXC race.
It was great to see 79 out of the team of 85 there with the Year 6 and 7 Boys and the Year 5, 6 and 7 Girls all present! Well done guys and awesome to see all of our Greta Valley, Rakaia, Ashburton and Cheviot athletes there – that is commitment!
1. Next Training Session – 4.30pm Wednesday 13 August at Halswell Quarry. Meet at the field opposite to the start of the PSC CC Course (by the car park off Kennedys Bush Road). We will do some Hillwork on the PSC CC course, all on grass and then a time trial over the Port Hills’ Hill Run (need off road shoes). No real playground but heaps of grass (and possibly mud/water) for the little ones. Closest coffee at “The Old Vicarage”, 335 Halswell Road.
2. NZ Cross Country Champs – THIS Saturday 9 August at Halswell Quarry
All the best to those who are running in Grade 11 and above (turn 11 by end of the year) races – this was for REGISTERED CLUB ruuners only.
Grade 10 and Under Race: If you are turning 10 by the end of the year, or under, you can run in a 1.5km race on Saturday at Halswell and it is FREE to enter. Registered runners must wear their registration number and club uniform and line up at the start 5 minutes before the start.Others (who don’t run for a club) may wear their Canterbury singlet and need to get a race number from the entry tent. The race starts at 3.20pm but you need to enter at least 30 minutes before.
- Extra race opportunity – 16 AUGUST – CHAV KING OR QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAIN – HALSWELL QUARRY
This is a fun event over the same course we will be training on next Wednesday. If you would like to compete in this “estimated time trial” please fill out this form by WEDNESDAY 13 August -> CHAV King/Queen Race Entry
Anyone can run/walk, no need to be registered or in a club. You still can enter on the day, but entering online helps us a lot and saves time on the day!
Meet 1.45pm on the field by the main Car Park, Halswell Quarry, off Kennedy’s Bush Road.
We will have a walk/jog over the course at 2.00pm. The race will start at 2.30pm approx. and is approx. 1.8km UPHILL and DOWNHILL up the Rim Track. You have to estimate your time. Each runner then starts by themselves, at 5 sec. intervals and tries to match their time estimate – but no watches! About 30sec slower than your 2km flat time is considered pretty close….last year Matt Dryden was fastest in 6m49s and Akeira Worthington fastest girl with 8m04s. Bring your own afternoon tea and picnic rug for afterwards!
- Forms – thanks to all who have filled out the forms about the dinner, bio details and cabin mates. If you still need to do anything, please email me or look at old emails.
- Entries – close for the IRXC2014 on Sunday 10 August – THIS SUNDAY!!! – if you have any friends or family members or past competitors who want to run, please get them to fill in the form on the race web site – http://www.irxc2014.wordpress.com YOU ARE ALL ENTERED!!!
Thanks again everyone for being such an awesome part of Canterbury’s toughest Rep. team to make! It looked like many of you were starting to learn names on Tuesday – keep that up. Please also come and say hi to me and I try to learn all of your names. There are also heaps of others joining us at training sessions which is so good – there are over 40 extra independent entries so far into the IRXC2014 – cool!
See you Wednesday and all the best to those running in the NZ Cross Country Champs on Saturday. Even if you aren’t running, come along and see the best Cross Country runners in the country!
PS Only 49 days to go to the IRXC2014!!!