|Abby de Visser|
5. Port Hills U18 Cross Country Races Saturday 29 August
I am feeling tired but very inspired by all of you after tonight. Please note below details about if you need to be picked up on the way to Blenheim and the details of our first lead in race on 29 August. Note that next Thursday we will finish at 5.30pm or even 5.40pm…..it is going to be long and hard! Also see an invite for a long run this Sunday for the Year 7/8s…Read on…
What an awesome night of training tonight! We only had five runners away from the team of 83!!! Well done to everyone! The Year 6 Girls and the Year 7 Boys and Girls were all there and every other team only had one runner absent – great stuff! Great to welcome Art Aitken (Year 5 Boys) who has been overseas. It is also wonderful to see runners turning up to support their teams even when they are injured – that is fantastic. It is also super to see so many extra runners pushing us and lots of parents running! A big thanks to Phil Chapman from the Port Hills Club who helped set up the the Rim Run at the end. (see invite from Phil later)
- Next Training Run – Stepit up! – Thursday 20 August – HillviewChristian School, 125 Wilsons Road 4.30pm-5.30pm(other side of road from the meeting) – car park access off Gamblins Road (opposite New World) through the Green gate or from 125 Wilsons Road, 4.30pm-5.30pm. It’s time to get on some steps, so wear your road/trail shoes and we will hit the hills and steps in particular. Get ready to get exhausted and make those thighs burn! We will also do some running up Rapaki Track and we will have a Physio join us at the end for stretching exercises. We will need some adults to run In fluro/reflecting gear if possible) as we cross some roads.
- Bus Pick Ups/ Drop Offs
If you need to be picked up on the way (ie at Woodend, Amberley, Waipara turn off) or dropped off on the way back, please email Paul so we can put it in the booklet. Most of us will leave from the Burnside Rugby Club – Avonhead Road.
- Team Chants for Canterbury
It’s about time to let the other regions know who we are – so get your team together and come up with a chant to support us all! Time for a bit of singing on the hills next week!
- AWARDS DINNER – Thursday 24 September – Bookings now open!
We invite all of our supporters in Blenheim to come to our special awards dinner. If you would like to attend our PSC CC Team Awards Dinner please fill out this form, see: AWARDS DINNER BOOKING FORM
Please indicate number of Adults and Children 13 and under attending. The Dinner will be approx. 6.30pm-9pm. The meal is a roast meal followed by dessert. We welcome families but there is no guarantee guests (family groups) will be seated together. As the meal is a buffet, we cannot cater for special dietary needs of guests (Team members will be catered for where possible) – however the meal is predominantly gluten free. The cost is $25.00 per Adult and $20.00 per child 13 and under. There will be a cash bar for drinks. ALL PSC CC TEAM MEMBERS AND MANAGERS ARE AUTOMATICALLY BOOKED IN. Your booking will be confirmed when payment has been made by Internet Banking to: 031783 0153007 05. Please ensure you include your child’s name as a reference so that we know who has paid. Thanks
Booked in so far:
See you on next Thursday
6. Port Hills U18 Cross Country Races Saturday 29 August
Our next Team training session after the Hills next week are the Port Hills U18 Cross Country Races are on Saturday 29 August at Hansen Park in Opawa. This is a very important lead-in race for all running at the IRXC2015. If you are in a running club, you need to enter with your club and wear your club singlet. If you are not in a club, we will enter you UNLESS YOU EMAIL US by Saturday 22nd August and say you cannot run.
Also, all Year 7/8 runners should run in and be entered in the 3km race at 2.30pm (even if you are Grade 11/12)
Saturday 29 August
Hansen Park, Hawford Road, Opawa
Ages as at 31/12/15
Meet: 1.15pm for a course walk, warm up and to confirm entry
2.00pm: 10 years and under 2km
2.10pm: 11/12 years 2km
2.30pm: 13 years -17 years 3km (and any Year 7/8s who may be younger)
Wear: Club singlet if in a club, Canterbury singlet if not, or school singlet in not in Canterbury team.
- Hill Runs on Mondays – same course we finished with tonight
- Monday 4:30PM, Halswell Quarry. This is a community based hill run open to any runners of any age. You do not need to be a Port Hills club member to attend this event. Simply come to the main car park and ask for Phil Chapman. For further details, contact Phil on 322 4266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 7/8 Hill Run this Sunday 16 August
Christchurch Avon is hosting the Teenage run this Sunday and would like to invite all other runners to join us.
Where – Cashmere Scout Hall, Hackthrone Road, about 250 down from the Takahe
When – 8.30 am for Seniors and older juniors for 90 minute run, 9am for a 60 minute run – Year 7/8s can join in
CHAV will be supplying some food and drink for the teenagers. Feel free to bring some food to share.
Contact me if you have any questions
Cheers-Patrick Enright, CHAV Junior Captain: e: email@example.com
That’s about all for now. Well done on your training so far. Remember all the hills now will pay off in six weeks and one day!
Year 5 Boys Jacob Douglas
Year 5 Girls Ava Henderson
Year 6 Boys Alex McCorkindale
Year 6 Boys Satoru Omori
Year 6 Boys Ethan Hart
Year 6 Boys Tom Ruwhui
Year 6 Boys Stanley Spencer
Year 6 Girls Jemma Burrowes
Year 7 Boys Dominic Pulley
Year 7 Girls Neve Moulai
Year 7 Girls Sophie Williamson
Year 7 Girls Rosie Trotter
Year 8 Boys Luke Mitchell
Year 8 Boys Hamish Thompson
Year 8 Girls Lydia Robinson
|Samantha Lascelles||Elmwood Normal School||Canterbury||Female||Year 5|
|Violet McMeeken||Rolleston school||Canterbury||Female||Year 5|
|lachlan cartwright||medbury||canterbury||Male||Year 7|
|Lucy Botting||The Cathedral Grammar School||Canterbury||Female||Year 8|
|Harry Denington||Cobham Intermediate||Canterbury||Male||Year 8|
|Orla Dunlop||St Martins School||Canterbury||Female||Year 5|
|Hayley Douglas||Lincoln Primary School||Canterbury||Female||Year 5|
|Henry McMecking||Beckenham School||Canterbury||Male||Year 7|
7. NOT RETURNING with the team
|Abby de Visser|
That is about all for now. I hope you are enjoying the hills! See you on Wednesday at Halswell!