Hi everyone…have a look at this flyer for next year’s event where we are the hosts…click here: IRXC2014 Flyer
Please advise Rachel Johnston / Angela Pringle at the Year 5/6 Bus, or Lee Downie / Karen Theobald at the Year 7/8 Bus on the morning of departure what Medication your Child has taken and when, and when further medication can be given to them if required, we need to record this info should we need to refer back to it if your Child becomes unwell during the Bus trip.
Also, please ensure that your Child has additional Travel Sickness Medication with them (or given to their Manager prior to departure) for the return Bus trip, and instructions on when to take it.
If your Child succumbs to Travel Sickness during the Bus Trip it is likely they will be taken off the Bus to travel the remainder of the journey in one of the accompanying Manager cars.
Results from the CHAV 1km Challenge are here: CHA 1km Challenge 21.9.13
Well done everyone in perfect conditions on a fast course – 33 Gold Awards achieved!
9. Goal Setting:
We will do some of this on next Wednesday night….but have a think about it now….
- 1. What place are you aiming to achieve in the IRXC2013 (usually about 35-40 in your race)
- 2. What place are you hoping to achieve out of the Canterbury entrants? ie Where do you want to get in your team?
- 3. Other goals….keep consistent laps, pass 3 x runners in last lap, beat 5 Wellington runners…..beat so and so…..beat last year’s place…..medal….never give up….finish!!.
10. Ear Plugs -.could be a requirement if you sleep lightly and you may have snoring room mates!!!
11. Snacks on Wednesday - a reminder to bring your own for the trip on Wednesday (healthy ones – ther will be lots of unhealthy ones after the race!)…..we will make lots of stops and lunch will probably not be until 1.00pm or later
12. Drink Bottle - important to have this on the bus for stops and sips – keeping hydrated is important.
13. What to Wear
Wednesday - on the bus and at the course for inspection: YOU MUST WEAR TEAM POLO …
Wednesday - after course inspection, dinner and team meeting – your Polo is optional
Thursday - POLO all day except when racing and optional for dinner. Please wear your singlet with Race number (supplied)/ black shorts for the Team Photo – YOU MUST RACE in your Canterbury Singlet (and don’t cover the “CANTERBURY” with your race no.!) – if cold, wear a BLACK Polyprop or Skins underneath. You must wear BLACK running shorts (Canty. ones if you have them). Wear BLACK track pants at the course and your Canty. Jacket if you have one. If you get to stand on the Podium – please wear your Polo. Dinner: POLO is optional this year.
Friday: Morning Run – PJs or whatever your team has planned! Rest of Friday is Team Polo for travel back and Hanmer.
14. Named Polo/Jacket/Shorts - please name them as there are lots around – DON’T name singlet – it is on loan only. It needs to
15. Nelson Forecast – see NEL/Spike size - it is pretty hard and dry on the course…but the forecast for Race Day is showers at present and a bit of heavy rain over the next few days also…so bring wet weather gear and probably 9mm spikes if you have spike shoes (but always have 12mm handy – see Shoe Clinic Riccarton). If you don’t have spikes, try to have some shoes with some grip…but don’t go getting new shoes now!
Important!!!!!! - CANTERBURY REPRESENTATIVE:
Finally, a reminder you are representing Canterbury as soon as you meet at the bus at Burnside Rugby Club until you leave the bus again on Friday – we expect and know we will get EXCELLENT behaviour both “on and off the field”. We want the other regions and the people of Teapot Valley Christian Camp/Nelson/Brightwater to be blown away by how awesome you are at competing, behaving and looking! You have made it into the hardest Canterbury Representative team there is to make it into…be proud and yet humble to represent all of your Province.
Finally (again), get some sleep – we are going to have an amazing time and it will be heaps of fun!!! This is always one of the highlights of my year – spending three days with such an awesome group of talented young people and their families and experiencing the most competitive Cross Country race that there is for your age.
|Jaime van der Voort||W||9|
Please wear your PSC CC Team Singlet (unless in a club team)
|PSC Storm||Grade||Girls 9/10|
|PSC Sharks||Grade||Mixed 9/10|
|Harry Dennington (CHAV)||M||10|
|Luke Mitchell(2nd lap)||M||11|
|PSC Roosters||Grade||Girls 11/12|
|Abby de Visser||F||11|
|PSC Bulldogs||Grade||Boys 13/14|
|PSC Sea Eagles||Grade||Mixed 13/14|
|Surname||Number of Adults 14+||Number of Children aged 13 and under|
Hi there team!
Saturday 7th September 2013
Girls 10 & Under – 2km – 2:00pm
Boys 10 & Under – 2km – 2:00pm
Boys 11/12 – 2km – 2:15pm
Boys 13/14 – 3km – 2:30pm YEAR 7 and above
Women 15/16/17 – 3km – 2:30pm
Men 15/16/17 – 3km – 2:30pm
Always a highlight of our team trips is our own Awards Dinner, where hopefully we celebrate our winning of the Phil Costley Shield! In any case, we will celebrate what a great team we are! We wish to invite our supporters, family and friends to the join us. we have space for 200 peopel seated – our team is 107 in total, so we have 93 spare seats – first in, first booked!. Here are the details:
Main Entrance on Curletts Road
Girls 8 & Under 11.00am
Boys 8 & under 11.00am
Girls 9/10 11.00am
Boys 9/10 11.00am
Boys 11/12 11.40am
Women 13/14 – 15/16/17 – 18/19 12.10pm
Men 13/14 – 15/16/7 – 18/19 12.10pm